L’Alliance Française d’Oklahoma City is pleased to announce the 2011 Eleanor Kirkpatrick Franco-American Fellows, and publish their research findings.
- Jeanne Lynn, Westmoore High School, Moore, Music Education Report.
- Kristen Mathias, Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Midwest City, Eating Habits, Report.
- Chebon Ryan, Classen School of Advanced Studies, Oklahoma City, World Language Education, Report.
- Samantha Woods, Westmoore High School, Moore, Bullying, Report.
The group traveled to Amiens in March, 2011, where they attended school at the Lycée Boucher de Perthes in Abbeville, and completed individual research projects. They were accompanied by Cyndy Shaw.
The 2011 Fellows from France who visited Oklahoma in October are:
- Bruce BLIGNY: Memories of the Dust Bowl Report
- Jeannette BOTTE: Agriculture in Oklahoma & Picardy: A comparative study Report
- Sonya CARON: The French and American Cultures: Always the Same Stereotypes on both sides? Report
- Coline DELLIS: A cross-cultural study (USA/France) of global warming perception and risks of natural disasters Report
- Colette DUCHATEAU: Wheat Culture and Commercialization in Oklahoma and Picardy Report
- Solènne GUILLOT: How important is Indian heritage in Oklahoma today? Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- Alix PORNON: Immigration and Integration in Oklahoma City Report
- Winnie RAZAFINJATOVO: How do American students perceive the French schooling system? Do French students have an ideal vision of studying in America? Report
The Eleanor Kirkpatrick Franco-American Fellows Program is a joint project between the Alliance Française d’Oklahoma and the French Education Ministry with the support of the Oklahoma State Department of Education. This exchange program is made possible through the generosity of the Eleanor Kirkpatrick Fellows Endowment. The visiting French students are supported by a grant from the French Éducation Nationale.
The grant covers the costs of airline travel, lodging, and meals. The program is open to central Oklahoma French students, ages 16 to 22, who attend public or private high schools, career technology centers, or community colleges.
Our program relies on support from donors. To make a financial contribution to the Eleanor Kirkpatrick Franco-American Fellows Program through the Oklahoma City Community Foundation, please click the link below.